Whole Grain-tastic April!
Whole grains offer a wide variety of essential nutrients often dubbed as the “complete package.” Unlike refined grains which mostly lost some of its nutritive value due to refining process, whole grains retain its inherent health-giving benefits due to minimal milling process, some of which did not undergo processing at all.
The whole grain kernel contains three parts: the bran, germ, and endosperm. Each layer contains health promoting nutrients that are beneficial to our body.
As we become more conscious on the quality of the food that we consume, whole grain food is the way to go.
But where can we get it? Here are some whole grain food sources that we can add on our daily diet:
- Brown rice and Red Rice
- Bulgur (cracked wheat)
- Whole-wheat bread, pasta or crackers
These whole grain products are packed with amazing health benefits:
- Prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Lowers total cholesterol levels, LDL Cholesterol (Bad Cholesterol), and triglycerides
- Prevention of type-2 Diabetes
- Offers modest protection to cancer
- Improves overall digestive health
There are also other whole grain variants in the market that are available such as Quinoa, Corn, Rye, and Spelt. Adding fresh seeds in to our diet regimen is also beneficial to our health as seeds contain similar structure as to grains.
What better way to start your whole grain-tastic diet by trying the new Gardenia Multigrain Soft Bun! It is packed with 6-essential grains and seeds (Wheat, Sunflower, Chia, Millet, Linseed, and Oats) to nourish our body.
Specifically, the benefits of these grains and seeds are as follows:
The Grains – Wheat, Millet, and Oats are generally good for our body as it may promote good digestive health, may lowers risk for cardiovascular disease and type-II diabetes, as well as may help maintaining weight and avoid obesity.
The Seeds – Chia, Sunflower, and Linseed are good source of antioxidants, and quality source of plant protein and omega 3-fatty acids.
Get all these goodness plus delicious bite in just one bun! So, what are you waiting for? Grab now your Multigrain Soft bun in your nearest supermarkets for only 32 pesos.
To level up your meals or snacks, have this delicious and healthy Gardenia Cheese and Veggie Multigrain Sliders featuring our Gardenia Multigrain Soft Bun!
Gardenia Cheese and Veggie Multigrain Sliders
- Gardenia Multigrain Soft Bun, 1 pack
- Mozzarella Cheese, 4 tbsp
- Tomato, sliced, 4 slices
- Onion, sliced, 4 slices
- Black Olives, sliced, 4 slices
- Capers, 4 pcs
- Slice bread in half.
- Add mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Add sliced tomato, onion, black olives and capers
- Sandwich with another slice of bread and serve.
Try this delicious and healthy recipe that could satisfy your cheesy cravings as well as providing health benefits your body need!
- The Nutrition Source, Whole Grains, Harvard School of Public Health, https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/whole-grains