Berry Lemon Tarts
Ingredients• Gardenia Double Delights Strawberry & Blueberry loaf – 1 pack
• Lemon juice – ½ cup (can be reduce to ¼ cup if you prefer less tangy flavor)
• Lemon zest -pinch
• Sugar – 3/4 cup
• Egg – 2 pcs + 1 pc yolk
• Heavy Cream – 2 tbsp
• Butter -1 stick
• Powdered Sugar (optional)
Procedure1. To make the tart shells: Get a slice each of Gardenia Double Delights Strawberry and Blueberry, flatten using a rolling pin and place in tart molds, cut off the excess and set aside.
2. To make the lemon curd: In a bowl, place eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and heavy cream and whisk to combine. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. (Don’t let the water touch the bottom of the pan.) Cook until thick (it will thicken more once cooled).
3. Remove from heat and immediately strain the mixture. Add butter, a few cubes at a time, and whisk until completely melted and mixture is smooth. Cool down before pouring in prepared tart shells.
4. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hrs to set the mixture then sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.